Make a Donation
Your gifts will help us create a more sustainable community and preserve homeownership opportunities for everyone. Supporting Homestead is a great way to have a positive impact on your community.
Give a Financial Gift Today:
- Online - Use your credit card to make a secure donation through our website here.
- Contact us - We can take your credit card over the phone and, at your request, enroll you in our Pillars of Sustainability recurring monthly donation program. our to donate over the phone 206.323.1227 x119.
- By Mail - Send your gift by mail. Find our address .
- Employer matching - Multiply your support for a more affordable and stronger Seattle. Check in with your employer and complete a matching gift request form with your company directly.
Give an In-kind Donation:
- See our wish list for specific items that will help Homestead make a difference in your community.
Donate your home:
- Outright gift: Are you moving but don't need the proceeds of the sale to make the move? Consider just donating your home to Homestead when you move. As an outright gift, you can avoid capital gains taxes and take a charitable deduction on the fair market value of the property (up to 30% of your adjusted gross income per year).
- Bequest: A bequest means that the property would be transferred to Homestead upon your death. You retain all ownership rights to the property during your lifetime. This leaves a lasting legacy of stability for families far into the future and decreases the tax burden on the inheritors of your estate.
- Gift with retained life estate: Want to donate your home to Homestead but keep on living there, too? When you make a gift with retained life estate, your property will be transferred to Homestead without going through probate upon your death. This type of gift is eligible for tax deductions calculated at the time the gift is given, based on current interest rates and the donor’s age. A gift with retained life estate may also give you property tax advantages because homes in Homestead’s portfolio are assessed based on the resale formula value rather than the full market value of the property.
Please be sure to speak with your tax advisor when considering a gift of real estate.
Put Homestead in your will:
You can't take it with you, so do something awesome with it!
By bequeathing any of your estate to Homestead, you are helping future generations realize their dream of homeownership through expanding the number of affordable homes in our area. By doing this, you are creating a place of stability and joy for many individuals and families over the course of your home’s lifetime.
Contact us to learn more:
Thank you for your support!
Homestead is an IRS designated 501(c)(3) organization, so the value of your contribution is tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Our tax ID or EIN is 91-1565651. Our 990 financials can be found here.
Homestead will never sell your personal information or exchange it with another organization.