Stories about Homestead Community Land Trust in the media.
- JPMorgan Chase Foundation Grant To Support Homestead/City of Renton Partnership
- JPMorgan Chase Foundation Grant to Homestead Community Land Trust Supports Affordable Homeownership Development in Renton's Sunset Area.
- What Works: Making Homes More Affordable
- September 1, 2016. Corporation for National and Community Service recognizes Homestead Community Land Trust as a recipient of a Social Innovation Fund grant.
- The Role Of Community Land Trusts In Affordability Housing
- June 29, 2016. The Urbanist interviews Executive Director Kathleen Hosfeld to discuss what Washington's largest community land trust can do to improve long term housing affordability.
- Affordable Housing: The ‘infinitely scalable’ solution
- June 28, 2016. This article in Crosscut explores the role Seattle's community land trust can play in addressing the area's growing housing crisis.
- Addressing the Affordability Crisis: Homeownership and the Housing Continuum
- On March 9, 2016, Seattle University's Faith and Family Homelessness Project guest blogger (and Homestead's Executive Director) Kathleen Hosfeld outlined the role community land trusts can play within the affordable housing continuum.
- Community Land Trust Lending Update
- January 28, 2016. This Fannie Mae Housing Industry Forum article details the challenges and opportunities lenders experience when working with their community land trust partners.
- Community Land Trusts in the City
- April 11, 2015. The Seattle Transit Blog interviewed Homestead's Erika Malone to learn how the CLT model can be a valuable tool for long term neighborhood housing affordability.
- Affordable Housing’s Forever Solution
- August 10, 2015. NextCity.Org asks: Are community land trusts the answer for cities seeking neighborhood stability?
- The Young and the Rentless
- This Summer 2015 edition of Washington Monthly asked "Can shared equity make homeownership safe for Millennials?" by sharing the story of Homestead homeowners Estevan Muñoz-Howard and Elisha Ishii.