Support Our Work
There are many ways to support Homestead's work in creating and preserving permanently affordable homeownership opportunities in the Seattle area. Your support has a big impact.
- Get involved! We're looking for volunteers, advocates, homebuyers and other supporters.
- Make a donation to Homestead. We accept monetary and other contributions.
Why Support Homestead?
The single most important reason to support Homestead is that our work makes your community stronger.
Your support results in:
- A growing inventory of homes which are affordable to middle-income households today and tomorrow;
- Families building equity safely;
- Children staying in the same school district;
- More neighbors who get involved in improving their neighborhoods and communities;
- Fewer foreclosures;
- Fewer absentee landlords; and
- A legacy for the next generation.
The gift that keeps on giving!
When you support Homestead you help provide a deserving individual or household with the opportunity to own their own home, expand the number of permanently affordable homes in the Seattle area and strengthen the communities where all of us live, work and play.
Whether you choose to give a one time financial gift or commit the next 20 years of your life to Homestead's mission, each contribution to Homestead is a permanent investment in the fabric of our community, creating affordable homes that serve our neighbors today and the community at large well into the future.
Homestead, by employing the community land trust approach to homeownership, is a prudent and efficient investment of public housing dollars and community philanthropy. Money invested in Homestead is used to keep homes affordable for the long-term and to ensure homeowner success. Housing subsidy funds stay permanently invested in each home, so even after many resales, a Homestead home stays in service of the community, creating access to homeownership for the entirety of the home's useful life.