Become a Homeowner
Think that you cannot buy a home? Think again—Let us give you the opportunity to make your dreams a reality.
What are the benefits to you?
Partnering with Homestead gives you all the benefits of traditional homeownership, plus:
- Prices you can afford – This means truly affordable monthly housing payments. Homes bought through Homestead cost $50,000 to $100,000 less than the homes' market-rate value. Many of our homeowners pay close to what they paid in rent. Meet our homeowners and see where they bought their homes.
- Safe Loans with Reasonable Down Payments – Everyone should have access to safe and secure financing. We offer resources for good interest rates on fixed rate loans, without paying private mortgage insurance, and you must only put down a minimum of $2,500 to buy your home.
- You can build equity safely - There are no subprime mortgages, balloon payments, or any funny business—our dedicated staff ensures our homebuyers know the ins and outs of homeownership. We provide ongoing support before and after you purchase your home. No one should be uneducated about this next BIG step and you are not in it alone. We want our homeowners to be successful and have homes that last for generations. It works! Not a single Homestead home has been lost to foreclosure.
What makes Homestead different?
With home prices rising, we believe the best way to ensure that everyone can afford to purchase a home — your family today and other families tomorrow – is to make and keep homes affordable.
When you buy a home through any of Homestead’s programs, you become a part of the Homestead family. In doing so, you agree to the following things:
- You or your family will continue to live in the home for as long as you own it.
- You will keep the home in good shape.
- When or if you sell your home you’ll sell it to another moderate-income buyer for an affordable price.